- Dipartimento di Automatica e Informatica
- Politecnico di Torino
- Corso Duca degli Abruzzi, 24
- 10129 Torino (Italy)
email: guido[dot]marchetto[at]polito[dot]it tel.: +39 011 090 7094
Guido Marchetto (born in 1979) is Associate Professor at the Department of Control and Computer Engineering of Politecnico di Torino, where he is a member of the Computer Networks Group (Netgroup).
He received the Ph.D. Degree in Computer and System Engineering from Politecnico di Torino in April 2008, proposing a dissertation titled “Architecture and Protocol Issues in Pipeline Forwarding Networks”. He got his M.S. Degree (Laurea) Summa Cum Laude in Telecommunications Engineering from the same institution in April 2004, proposing a thesis titled “Prototypal Implementation of a Time-Driven Priority Router” (in collaboration with the Istituto Superiore Mario Boella).
He visited the Web and InterNetworking Group (WING) at Boston University (USA), from September 2008 to May 2009.
Finally, he had the honor to collaborate with the research group of Prof. Yoram Ofek at the University of Trento (Italy) from 2004 to 2009.
His current research interests focus on formal verification of security and safety policies in distributed systems and on deterministic quality of service provisioning in packet switched networks, also by means of Common Time Reference based technologies for packet forwarding (Pipeline forwarding, Time-Driven Priority, Time-Driven Switching). The research mainly refers to critical systems, such as industrial networks and disaster recovery scenarios. His interests also include general aspects of networking, ranging from novel network protocols and architectures to novel network services and technologies.
- Reti di Calcolatori - Computer Engineering
- Computer Networks - Computer Enginnering
- Tecnologie e Servizi di Rete - Computer Engineering
- Computer Network Technologies and Services - Computer Engineering
- Reti Locali e Datacenter - Computer Engineering
- Computer Science - ICT Engineering (TTPU - Tashkent, Uzbekistan)
- Computer Networks - ICT Engineering (TTPU - Tashkent, Uzbekistan)
- Local and Metropolitan Area Network Design - Telecommunications Engineering (from 2008 to 2010)
- Internet: Architettura e Protocolli - Computer Engineering (from 2006 to 2011)
- Reti di Calcolatori I - Computer Engineering (2005)
- Reti di Calcolatori - Information Engineering (2005)